Nessie is developed as a consensus-driven open source product under the Apache 2.0 license. Development is done in the open leveraging GitHub issues, PRs and using Google Groups as a mailing list.
Get In Touch¶
- Slack Channel
- The developers on Nessie frequent the nessie-public Slack channel. You can get an invite to the channel by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want your organization invited to the channel, please state that in the request. Whether you’re super excited about development or just want to hear what is happening, everyone is welcome to join.
- Google Group
- If long form is more your thing, we also have created a mailing list on Google groups that you can subscribe to.
- GitHub Issues
- Nessie is developed via GitHub issues and pull requests. If you see a problem or want to enhance the product, we suggest you file a GitHub issue for developers to review.
- The @projectnessie account on Twitter is our official account. Follow-up to keep to date on what is happening with Project Nessie!
- YouTube Channel
- Video content for Nessie will be hosted on our YouTube channel.
- Our website is all maintained in our source repository. If there is something you think can be improved, feel free to fork our repository and post a pull request.
- We use Reviewable (in addition to GitHub reviews) to collaborate on code and docs. They are a great service and support OSS projects.
All contributors are welcome to Project Nessie. To get started, feel free to introduce yourself on Slack or our Google Group. Nessie is open to everyone!
Please see the CONTRIBUTING.md guide for more information on how to contribute.